But thou, when thou fastest, anoint thine head, and wash thy face; That thou appear not unto men to fast, but unto thy Father which is in secret: and thy Father, which seeth in secret, shall reward thee openly. MATTHEW 6:17-18
Fasting is very essential as it is important for every Christian. Our anchor scripture made it clear, ‘When thou fastest’ not if. Meaning that fasting is not an optional agenda of the Christian. Fasting is not for a creation of impression before men but for the giving of expression to most intense desire before God. Any fasting you do to make people praise you is a waste. fasting embarked upon correctly attracts open Divine rewards. Not religiously not because the church says we should do it. Everyone who knows you see that something has changed.
REWARDS OF FASTING
- Spiritual Empowerment: Fasting is a platform for connection to spiritual power. Jesus fasted in Luke 4:2. And in verse 14, Jesus returned in the power of the Spirit into Galilee. You cant fast well and remain at the same level of power. Fast can be attributed to guns. If you came into a fast with a den gun you leave with an Ak 47, If you enter with an Ak 47, you leave with an armored tanker, but the truth is you don’t leave the same way you came into it. It is an error to finish a fast and continue to struggle with the habit you use to have. When you change command in the army in the physical you have more soldiers at your disposal. So also, when you change command in the spirit there are more heavenly angels and forces at your disposal. A.A alien a minister with a Pentecostal evangelistic healing and deliverance ministry, came to a point in his life where he casted out devil by introducing himself to the possessed person.
- Spiritual might: Isaiah 40:31 ‘ But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.’ The meaning of this is, your giving an AK 47 to a person who is of a slim statue, is different from giving it to somebody who is muscular. Spiritual might increased endurance. It makes you to tire out the opposition, you don’t easily give up. it makes speed to increase.
- Prophesy enforcement: 1 Timothy 1:18,‘This charge I commit unto thee, son Timothy, according to the prophecies which went before on thee, that thou by them mightest war a good warfare’ Prophesy don’t fulfill themselves, more times prophesy must be prayed, fasted and war into existence. There was a war hanging over Israel in Daniel 9:1-4, Seventy years passed and the prophesy has yet not come to pass. Daniel warred with that prophesy in prayer and fasting, in Daniel 9, for it to come to pass. Satan war against prophesies. He killed all the children in the land at the time Jesus was born. what i want you to know is that prophesy fulfillment is not for lazy Christians.
- Divine enlightenment: Isaiah 58:6-8,‘ Is not this the fast that I have chosen? to loose the bands of wickedness, to undo the heavy burdens, and to let the oppressed go free, and that ye break every yoke?… Then shall thy light break forth as the morning, and thine health shall spring forth speedily…’ Light breaks forth in the cause of fast. become the light alter. The losing of weight is not an achievement nor the reason why you fast. Gather light. When light comes darkness dies, where light come you arise and shine, when light comes what is missing can be found.
- Life and destiny fulfillment: Fasting assists in the fulfillment of days. That your life and destiny is not aborted. Haman has concluded the death of mordecai. Esther fasted with the children of Israel for 3 days, and the agenda of hell was terminated. In Acts 27:33-34. The ship that Paul the apostle was in was doomed for destruction, they all fasted and none of them lost there lives.
KEY FOR EFFECTIVE FASTING
- Pray desperately and fervently (James 5:16)
- Redeem the time. That is don’t just count the days or the hours of the fasting, makes the days and the time to count. For every passing hour there is something to account for. Don’t be watching the time.
I pray that as you read, meditate and observe this things that God will proof Himself in your life.