Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time. 1 PETER 1:5
HOW WE ARE PRESERVED BY FAITH…
- FAITH CONNECT MAN WITH THE LIFE OF GOD: HABAKKUK 2:4, ‘Behold, his soul which is lifted up is not upright in him: but the just shall live by his faith.’ Your faith is connector to the life of God. Faith is the antidote to the forces of death. The shunamite woman for example in 2 kings 4. Her faith connected her child with the life of God. Another example is Paul the apostle in Act 14:19-20, they stoned him and assumed that he was dead, but he came back to life. What happens inside you, determine what happens around you, what happens inside you is superior than what happens around you. For as long as faith is in place, life is intact, for the just shall live by his faith. Te presence of fear can provoke an attack on faith.
- FAITH GUARANTEES VICTORY IN CONFLICT WITH THE ENEMY: A) Faith forbids the believer from ending as a victim of enemy wickedness. B) faith forbid you from ending as a casualty of spiritual warfare. C) Faith forbids the enemy from experimenting with the life of the believer.
HOW DO FAITH GUARANTEE VICTORY IN CONFLICT WITH THE ENEMY
- 1 PETER 1:5, Faith supplies you with power, example is the woman with the issue of blood. As she touched JESUS’S garment, power flowed through her to arrest the issue of blood.
- Faith invites God into the battle.
- FAITH IS A SHIELD AGAINST THE ARROWS OF THE WICKED: we live in a world of flying arrows. Faith shield the believer from arrows of destruction. Faith shields the believer from arrows of death. In Daniel 3:16-27, shedrach, mesach and Abednego refused to bow down for the image, and where thrown into the fire, but before then, their faith in God, made them to believe that God will deliver them from the king and the fire. And God delivered them. With faith in place, there is no arrow of the enemy to fear. With faith in place there is no fire of the wicked to fear.
- FAITH KEEPS BELIEVERS ON THEIR FEET: faith keeps you from drowning in the midst of the storms of life. Faith keeps you from drowning in the ocean of trouble. And finally faith keeps you on your feet when others are on the floor.